– I had to cancel my NYC trip this week, but I’m donating the funds I would have put toward travel to Wooftown Rescue, and I am just plain giddy about it! They do such amazing things for dogs in need! I can’t wait tell you more about them and the beautiful dogs they save (like Liza!).
– This little guy showed up while I was doing some yard work the other day. I, of course, stopped what I was doing to go take some high def video of him cleaning himself with his “paws” like a cat. It’s still on my camera (I know you’re totally dying to see it, right?).
– It has occurred to me that there’s a reason my yard is a mess.
– Since Stella & the cat are both afraid of storms, I thought maybe encouraging them to cuddle together would solve the problem.
– And then she bit me.
– Most stories about the cat can end with “and then she bit me.”
– Or “and then she puked.”
– I have been a writing machine lately.
– I just discovered that three seasons of Felicity are on Netflix Watch Instantly.
– I have been listening to Chris Pureka so much that it feels strange when I’m not listening to Chris Pureka.
– Remember how in STAY Van gets all upset because she wanted a red toaster and Janie told her it was tacky so she didn’t buy it? Our toaster started smoking recently (it had already stopped toasting things one side), so I used it as an excuse to buy a red one. I like to think Van would be proud.
– If she were real.
– I swear I know Van’s not real. But the toaster makes me happy.
– I did an event at Present Tense Books last week and the ladies in the book club felt very motherly toward Van, wishing they could have given her sound advice and helped her stick up for herself. I wanted to hug all of them. It was such a fun event and I am so glad I got the chance to visit Present Tense. It is an awesome bookstore! They have an unbelievably wide selection of new books and an upstairs room full of used books that they call the Past Tense room. If you live near Batavia, NY, you have to go. It’s a cool cool place full of kindred spirits.