15. I’ve had The Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros stuck in my head almost continually since I first heard it a few months ago, but I still think it’s freaking hysterical, and I’m not tired of it at all.
16. October is my favorite month.
17. The sound of leaves crunching underfoot is my favorite sound, and I don’t think I could handle moving to an area that doesn’t have real seasons, because I’d miss that sound too much.
18. Every fall I eat apples until my stomach hurts. I never learn my lesson.
19. I studied classical voice for about 10 years. I’m not saying I was ever fantastic, but I didn’t drive animals and small children to cover their ears and hide or anything. Every once in awhile, when J’s not home home, I’ll pull out one of my old accompaniment tapes and wail a little Schubert or Faure, but I hate hate hate singing in public, and I just won’t do it anymore.
20. I gave up coffee for a year and switched to green tea, but life just wasn’t as sweet, so I’m back on the sauce (sauce being coffee).
21. I don’t drink much, and my tolerance sucks (it’s kind of a chicken or the egg thing). When I have to fill out forms a the doctor’s office and I get to the line where they ask how many drinks I have in a month, I write in that for the most part, I only have a glass of wine every other month or so at the most.
22. I am more verbose than most forms allow me room for.
23. I hate holidays and much prefer every day life, and wish we could just celebrate the people we love when we feel like it. I am thisclose to swearing off holidays completely.
Oh, I miss the Conchords. Thank you for that. So freakin’ funny.
Fall is the shaz, no question.
I’m with you on the apple belly. Every year I remind myself of the stomach aches and yet… useless to stop it.
The Modern Gal says
I love the Conchords.
I feel the same way about my dancing as you do about singing. Except I never took dance lessons. i love to do it but I don’t want anyone to see,.
Howling Hill says
I swore off the holidays and find that I save a lot of money and frustration but it gets lonely knowing everyone else is getting together and I’m the one that isn’t there. It’s like I’m punishing myself. ANd now it’s too late to start attending because it’s been ten years. So be careful what you wish for.
I was thinking about being the hiphopopotamus for halloween!
Maybe Fall should just be a holiday. And I’m all about swearing off holidays until Christmas comes around, and makes me its bitch. Every year.
Mickey – You’re welcome. I want new episodes so badly!
NPW – I am so happy to hear that I am not alone. I love the term apple belly!
MG – Dance for the sake of dancing! Love it!
HH – Thanks for bringing that up — really good point.
Beej – You totally should! I was thinking of dressing up as Bret from The Humans Are Dead video. Not for Halloween or anything. Just ’cause. :p
Noelle – I like that idea. Maybe we should start celebrating The Great Pumpkin.
We have a lot in common! I also love fall, Flight of the Conchords, and apples. I still like holidays, though, but I do agree with your sentiment that we should share the love all year round.