- In the summer, it was fun to work from my lawn chair while the dogs frolicked in the yard. Now, when it’s 52 degrees and breezy, it’s not as much fun. Actually, it’s kind of painful in the fingers. But my co-dependant canine friends will not play outside if I’m inside, so I’m still trying to sit outside with them a few times a day.
- I want to clear out the basement and install astroturf before winter. I’m only sort of joking.
- I am so excited about this week, I can barely sit still (or maybe that’s the shivering).
- Tomorrow morning (Tuesday, 10/19) I’m going to be on 13-WHAM News This Morning on Rochester’s CW during the 8:00 hour.
- Wednesday I’m visiting a fiction writing class at my alma mater, St. John Fisher College, to talk about writing.
- And Thursday at 7:30 PM, I’ll be reading from STAY and the writing exercise that got me started, answering questions, and signing books at SJFC as part of the Father Cavanaugh Reading Series, which is such an honor.
- In a “how to” I read on TV appearances “wear your work clothes” was one of the tips. I won’t be. Rochester does not need to see my winning yoga pants/writing sweater/hot pink fuzzy socks combo.
- One of my favorite couples got married recently, and they have the most adorable wedding video ever to prove it. I’ve seen it a bunch of times now. And yes, I did the sappy crying thing every single time.
- We didn’t do our CSA this year, because I was barely home this summer. During zucchini season I didn’t miss it much, but now that it’s squash season, I am experiencing desperate longings for the smell of fresh picked acorn squash baking in the oven.
- I downloaded the first season of Life Unexpected on iTunes and I’m so impressed with how flawed and complex the characters are. Oh, the drama! I love it. Plus, Shiri Appleby is awesome.
- I love FREEFALL so much that I’m doing the thing where I read super slow because I don’t want it to end.
- Yesterday, Stella and I went to Petsmart to buy cat food and then for a walk by the canal and she acted like a normal, happy dog. She was still aloof with strangers, but she sniffed things and was more curious than she was afraid. She didn’t bark more than once or twice at other dogs, even when they yapped at her continuously. She wagged her tail and sat next to me to let bikers pass us on the path like a perfect little angel. She wasn’t fearful or aggressive. And she actually had fun. It was one of my proudest moments.
- Oh, and don’t forget to enter the STAY photo contest, okay?
The Modern Gal says
Ooooh, I watch Life Unexpected too! Can I have a tv crush on Baize, as wildly inappropriate he is for me?
Sara – Honestly, I don’t see how it’s possible not to have a crush on Baize. He is very nice to look at. :)
Are you sure you can’t rock your yoga pants and writing sweater out in public? I think that outfit would be a real crowd-pleaser. :)