36. I need the shirts in my closet to be lined up in color order. I would rather leave my clothes crumpled in the laundry basket than put them away wrong. J’s side of the closet makes me cringe.
37. I’m messy. I can clean the house from top to bottom and have it looking showroom perfect, but an hour later, messes start exploding around me again.
38. I have a very low tolerance for jobs that will be quickly undone, like making the bed, doing the dishes, laundry, vacuuming, etc.
39. I have a houseplant named Slartibartfast. He’s a potted palm, and I’ve managed to keep him alive for over a year now, which is a record for me. I got a second one last weekend and named him Martibartfast.
40. I tend to name things that really don’t need names. I always thought I’d outgrow the need to name things, but I haven’t.
41. I frequently forget the names of things I’ve named and can only remember that they did have a name at one point.
42. I once bowled an eleven.
43. I was a very good inline skater until I slipped on wet leaves on a steep hill and broke my tailbone. It was the first time I ever fell while inline skating. When I recovered and tried to skate again, I got the yips and fell in front of a car stopping at a stop sign. The way the timing of it worked out, the elderly woman in the passenger seat thought her husband had hit me (even though I was a few feet away from the bumper) and she started screaming and swatting at him with her purse like a character out of a movie. I scraped my shoulder badly, but got up immediately to show them I was fine so she’d stop hitting him. I don’t skate anymore. I miss it. It was my sport. I haven’t found any other form of exercise I enjoy as much, but I really can’t afford to break my tailbone again.
44. I’m a good cook when I want to be.
45. I was on the campus soap opera in college. Yes, there’s a tape. No, you can’t see it.
I was thinking about needling you on the first one to ask if you keep the browns with the browns… But you know what? I do the same exact thing with my clothes, and I think it’s a sad reason that I have very few stripes or patterns in my closet. I just don’t know where they go.
equa yona(Big Bear) says
Indeed, that mess thing is a pistol. They just spring from nowhere! And we should bowl on the same team.
Howling Hill says
While I don’t arrange my clothes by color I do arrange by like. That is, all sweatshirts are grouped together, all hoodies are grouped next to non-hoodies, all dress shirts hang together, etc.
I have a spider plant named Rhoda which I’ve had for probably 15 years. She doesn’t like it up here because she doesn’t get enough sun.
You bowled an eleven! Hee! What, did you have to leave the game after two frames?
haha! Fantastic. :)
Did you have to go around with one of those inflatable seat cushion rings? I remember a girl in middle school who broke her tailbone and had one of those. I think she did it cheerleading. Your method was much more useful.
Also, I was all about inline skating for a while, probably around high school. Good times and a hell of a workout.
Noelle – I actually think I have a bigger black section than a brown one, but it goes, black, brown, grey, green, blue, red (one sweater), and there are few prints.
EY – Out of NOWHERE! I would totally love to be on a bowling team with you!
HH – I’m glad I’m not the only one who names plants. I’m impressed that Rhonda has been alive so long!
Courtney – No, I played the whole game. And I was actually trying.
Mickey – I wanted one of those cushion things. I asked about it and they said, “No, we don’t do that anymore.” I guess it’s bad for your back to sit like that or something.
Magpie – Thank you!
#45 – Saw it!
I name things too…I have mona, my iphone, steve the blue shirt, my brunch shirt, etc. I find it’s easier when I’m describing clothes to my friends to have a name to go with them, so they know what I am talking about.
I broke my tailbone a total of 4 times now, twice as a kid, once 2 years ago on an unsuccessful snowboarding excursion and once in roller derby, which took me the longest to recover from. The dr. x-rayed it and said “I’ve never seen a tailbone look quite like this before.” I now wear a tailbone protector, which is a large piece of foam that gets stuck in my shorts while skating. I look like Kim Kardashian, but at least I am not afraid of falling anymore.