With the holidays, friends in town, and several people I love having birthdays, last week got a little crazy around here, and I didn’t get to blog at all. I’m working on a year end wrap up post for later in the week, but a few things have had me jumping for joy & shouting “Mrs. X can suck it!” recently, and I wanted to share!
- The cover above is the standard German version of STAY from Weltbild! The title translates to “Sit! Place! (or stay) Love!” And I’m completely and totally in love with it. I didn’t know it was out until a reader left me a comment in German on the Facebook page on New Year’s Day. It was such a fantastic way to start the year!
- When I did a Google search for the German title, I discovered that I’m listed in the German National Library. I know this is kind of a “well, duh, of course you are, because your book is out in Germany,” thing, but honestly, it’s completely BLOWING MY MIND. I really thought the break-down-in-massive-amounts-of-happy-tears-still-can’t-believe-this-is-real thing would start to fade eventually, but so far it hasn’t. Every little step of the way, I have moments when I so desperately wish I could go back in time to Mrs. X’s classroom to give my heartbroken little teenage-self a big hug, and tell her that it gets oh-so-much better and someday she’ll write something that will end up on shelves in libraries in countries she hasn’t even had the chance to visit yet. Because it really would have helped to know that back then. Plus, if I did that, I’d totally get to travel in the Tardis, right?
- Right before the holidays, Euromedia picked up the Czech rights to STAY!
And, STAY made several best of lists, including:
- #1 on SheKnows.com’s Best Dog Books of 2010
- Girls in the Stacks Top Ten(ish) Books of 2010
- Philadelphia Examiner Top Ten Women’s Fiction Releases of 2010
- Daemon’s Books Favorite Books of the Year
- Novel Escapes Favourite Reads of 2010
- Ramsey Library Staff Picks for Best Books of 2010
- Capital Area District Library Staff Picks for Best Fiction of 2010
Also, I did a guest post at Crazy For Books last week, and now one lucky reader can win a copy of STAY!
LOVE the German cover!! Congratulations on the accolades…well deserved!
I am going to buy the German version for my mother in law!
Wow, that’s fabulous. So glad everything is going so amazingly well.
Oh, Allie! I’m so happy for you! What a great way to enter the new year. I hope your book makes it into Thai printing so my family over there can enjoy it, too! (They can read English just fine, but a Thai version would be totally sweet, too.)
Love the German cover, too!
Amazing. Did you know that writing a book could be so awesome? I mean, of course it’s cool to be published, but I guess I’ve never considered just how far that feeling could travel. Dang, I kind of want to be you right now! (Guess I should write a book.)
Wombat Central says
Congratulations! You totally deserve it. I hope you signed a copy especially for Mrs. X. I’m planning to give away a copy on my blog because I loved it so much. Might have to coordinate getting it signed for the winner if you’re willing.
OMG, you are simply amazing. You go, Allie!
Woohoo, that’s awesome! And the German cover is adorable!
The Modern Gal says
I love the German cover! Kinda makes me want to read it in German too (although I can’t read a lick of German :)
Yay!! It must be just so stinkin exciting to see your book in German!! What a fantastic adventure for you!!!! (and lucky for us, we get a great book to read)
Congratulations Allie! this is all so awesome! So happy for you!