Vera over at Lady and the Blog showed everyone the contents of her purse. I thought I’d join in the fun, even though my purse fillings are far less elegant. Please excuse the flash flare, it was REALLY cloudy here today.
I read a book about organization for people with ADD a few months ago. The book suggested keeping purse items grouped in brightly colored pouches, so they’re easy to find. Nothing in my purse is coordinated, but that’s on purpose.
So here’s the list of what I carry around with me.
- Dog Treats
- Pill Box (Excedrin Migraine)
- Moleskine book for story ideas
- Strawberry Shortcake Pencil case that I’ve had since second grade and still use for pens and pencils
- My tricked out Japanese Pilot pen with multi-colored Sliccies Gel inserts. I use a fountain pen at home, but this is my purse pen, since I’m fairly sure it won’t leak. (J and I are total pen nerds)
- Pouch for bandaids and hand sanitizer
- Latest book club book (The Believers by Zoe Heller)
- Dog poop bags
- Teeny tiny umbrella
- Think Thin bar (because I am a very crabby person when I’m hungry, and since I can’t eat wheat, it’s best to travel prepared)
- Extra pouch incase I need a pouch for something (yeah, I know)
- Pad of paper that I can tear sheets out of (because I will not tear pages out of my notebook)
- Stay postcards with information about my first book signing
- Pouch for hair clips, lip balm & nail file
- Sunglasses (I wear sunglasses even on cloudy days. I’m not trying to look cool, my eyes are super sensitive to light)
- Receipt from the UPS Store (I spend an inordinate amount of time there)
- Handkerchief (I’ve had this one since our chamber choir trip to England my freshman year of high school).
- Felt heart with a section stitched by each of my ladies. I’ve carried it around since The Other 1/4 had us make them in 1997.