One of my favorite bloggers, The Modern Gal, awarded me the Honesty Award, and I am honored.
The honorees are to:
A) first list 10 honest things about yourself – and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!
B) pass the award on to 4 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.
So here goes:
- I get teary when I talk about how amazing my friends are and how much they mean to me. It’s hard not to. They are really freaking amazing, and several live way too far away.
- I had an imaginary friend as a child, but he left me and I was devastated. I worry about what this says about me in general.
- As a kid, I actually kissed several frogs to see if any would turn into a prince. None of them did.
- I research bizarre things and retain random information that isn’t really useful to anyone. For example, did you know that Cat Steven’s song Wild World is about the woman who played Rayanne’s mom on My So Called Life? I actually think this process helps me work through other ideas, but I’m not sure why.
- Sometimes, when J’s sleeping, or doing something else and not paying attention to me, I watch him and wonder how it’s possible to love some one as much as I love him.
- I got teary writing that. He is, after all, my best friend, so #1 applies.
- When people complain about 30 or 40 degree weather being cold I want to invite them to spend a winter here. Sometimes, there are obscenities involved in my imaginary invitation.
- Two of my best friends say I’m very water. They are talking about this, and while I can’t say the guy in the example of water looks a lot like me, I think we might have a lot in common.
- When one of my Facebook friends is tagged in a photo, I usually end up looking at the whole photo album even if I don’t know any of the other people. I also love random people’s vacation pictures on Flickr.
- One of my favorite gifts ever is a blue felt heart the other 1/4 gave all of my ladies in 1997. She had each of us stitch a piece of it. I still carry it in my pocket whenever I travel, have something major going on, or just feel lonely, and it reminds me how lucky I am to have people I love so much.